Meet the Mach 6
Eye watering speed. Telepathic handling. Unflappable stability..
More fun than a barrel of monkeys.
The new Mach 6 brings the benchmark stability and enduro performance of our 29” Firebird and infuses it with the unbridled fun that only 27.5” wheels can generate.
The Mach 6 blends these seemingly contradictory traits together into a true do-it-all superhero; a bike that is at home everywhere from the sculpted hits of park riding to the burly chunk of the untamed backcountry.
Peg The Funmeter
Pushing the limits of riding progression and creativity is where the Mach 6 is in its element, and we’ve sweated every detail to make sure that it delivers maximum fun with minimum fuss. Aggressive geometry and 27.5” wheels guarantee that you’ll own the inside line, or any line you choose to take.
Pivot’s renowned Hollow Core carbon frame construction offers unparalleled strength and just the right amount of stiffness without sacrificing ride feel. Plush dw-link suspension with a Phoenix derived rearward wheel path provides 158mm of travel that devours all obstacles in its path. Sharp handling, lively riding, snappy pedaling; the Mach 6 turns any trail into a joyride.
In order to wring every drop of potential out of 120mm, we’ve reworked the already stellar dw- link suspension. A metric, trunnion mount shock and a more progressive linkage enables improved pedaling efficiency and more capability in big hits.
The design provides a more bottomless feel and allows for a greater range of tunability. The Trail 429 combines rocketship pedaling performance with a plushness that genuinely feels like more travel than the numbers indicate. Is it possible for a bike to be both razor sharp and butter smooth? Yes.
The Trail 429 is proof.
- Aggressive geometry for the ultimate in all-mountain, enduro, bike park and extreme trail performance.
- Phoenix DH inspired longer dw-link® maximizes the Mach 6’s rearward wheel-path for erasing square edge bumps and maximizing control.
- 158mm rear suspension travel featuring a vertically mounted trunnion metric coil-over or air shocks combined with 160mm front travel for unrivaled suspension performance.
- 160mm-travel Fox 38 Grip 2 fork with a DHX2 coil shock on Pro and Team builds deliver legendary park and extreme terrain performance with confidence for the big hits.
- Lightweight FOX 36 with Float X2 air shock and FOX Live Valve options maximize pedaling performance while reducing overall weight.
- Race level builds equipped with the incredible Marzocchi Bomber Z1 Air and Bomber CR coil-over shock for no hassle performance and maximum fun.
- Quick accelerating 27.5″ wheels guarantee a nimble, playful ride quality across all build options.
- Fits tires up to 27.5×2.6” wide and comes stock with Maxxis Assegai 2.5” tires front and rear.
- Hassle-free, full-length, internal cable routing with Pivot’s easy to service and ultra-quiet Pivot Cable Port System.
- Fits riders between 4’10” and 6’2” with X-Small to Large size offerings.
- Pivot’s full carbon frame feature size-specific ride tuning, leading edge carbon fiber materials and Pivot’s proprietary hollow core molding technology to ensure that every rider from 4’10” to 6’2” has a bike that feels perfect and performs at the optimum level for their size.
- Pivot Tool Dock system compatible with mounts under the top tube and integrated into the underside of the frame.